This Privacy Notice helps you to understand how we use your personal information, who we share it with and the rights that you have. For more information on your rights and how to exercise them, head straight to the Your Rights section later in this document.
We change the terms of this Privacy Notice from time to time and you should check it regularly. The last updated date is shown at the beginning of the document.
Who we are
We are Lord Collectabes Limited (“we”, “our”, “us”) and operate under Lord Collectables. Our Company number is 06326264.
Lord Collectables are the data “controller”, which means we are responsible for deciding how and why your personal information is used. We are also responsible for making sure it is kept safe, secure and handled legally.
Our Data Protection Officer is Simon Lord, if you have any questions about your personal information, or how we use it, you can contact him via email [email protected] or by writing to us at Lord Collectables Limiited, The Round House, Birchgrove Garden Centre, Surfleet Road, Pinchbeck, Spalding, Lincs. PE113XY.
You have a number of ‘Data Subject Rights’ below is some information on what they are and how you can exercise them. There is more information on the Information Commissioners website ico.org.uk
- Right of access – You have the right to request a free copy of the personal information that we hold about you.
- Right to rectification – If you think any of your personal information that we hold is inaccurate, you have the right to request it is updated. We may ask you for evidence to show it is inaccurate.
- Right to erasure (also known as the Right to be Forgotten) and the Right to restriction of processing – You have the right to request that we stop processing, or delete, all of your personal information that we hold. If you exercise this right we will keep a note of your name linked to your request and it won’t prevent us from processing any new information you provide to us subsequently.
- Right to data portability – You have the right to ask us to electronically move, copy or transfer your personal information in a machine readable format.
- Rights with regards to automated decision making, including profiling – We sometimes use your personal information to make decisions by automated means. This involves us analysing your account activity including applications, orders, payments etc. We do this to confirm your identity, prevent and detect crime, and lend responsibly. This automated decision making is necessary if you would like to continue to shop with us online. You have a right to reject automated decisions but it may mean that you can only shop with us in our stores.
- Right to withdraw Consent – Where we are relying on your consent for processing you can withdraw or change your consent at any time.
The above rights may be limited in some circumstances, for example, if fulfilling your request would reveal personal information about another person, if you ask us to delete information which we are required to have by law, or if we have compelling legitimate interests to keep it. We will let you know if that is the case and will then only use your information for these purposes. You may also be unable to continue using our services if you want us to stop processing your personal information.
If you have any general questions or want to exercise any of your rights please contact [email protected] or call 01775 680699. Our security procedures mean that we may need to request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you in response to any request.
We encourage you to get in touch if you have any concerns with how we collect or use your personal information. You do however also have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the Information Commissioners Office, the data protection regulator in the UK, their contact details can be found on their website www.ico.org.uk
The information we collect and how we use it
We collect and use the information that you provide to us directly, for example when you register for an account. For more detailed information you can read the below which outlines how we use your personal information:
To process any orders that you place with us and to facilitate any returns (Contract)
- All payments are processed through our payment provider Paypal.
- We use your account information plus your chosen delivery address details to; deliver your purchases and keep you informed of their status, and to process any returns.
To provide you with access to an account (Contract)
- To register an account with us we capture information such as your name, date of birth, contact and delivery information, and a password to protect your account (account information). We use the same information on an ongoing basis to manage and provide secure access to your account, and provide you with the services you request.
To provide customer service to you (Legitimate interest)
- We record correspondence (customer service records) when you contact our customer service teams on social media or via emai. We use these customer service records to manage your queries or complaints effectively, for quality monitoring and to continually improve our services
To personalise and improve your experience when you shop (Legitimate Interest)
- We keep a record of how you interact with our website and any marketing you are exposed to, we use this data, along with purchase history, demographics, account information and third party information, to show you products and offers that we think you will be most interested in and to tailor your experience.
To keep in touch with you (Legitimate Interest)
- When you register for an account and shop with us we start to keep you up to date with news of products and services including offers, promotions and Sale information, unless you tell us you don’t want us to through your account.
- When we send you communications we use records of how you interact with our website and any other marketing we’ve sent to you, along with purchase history, to tailor the messages to include information you are most likely to be interested in.
- We use your account information to notify you about important service messages, such as product recalls or information about your account.
To ensure the Website and the services we offer you operate properly (Legitimate Interest)
- We use other cookies and similar technologies to help us understand how you use the site, this allows us to optimise your shopping experience and continually improve our site.
- We gather information about the devices you use to access our sites (desktop and mobile) for example your IP address and device type, to ensure the site is secure and works across multiple platforms.
To fulfil our legal obligations (Legal obligation)
- We use your data to ensure we comply with any requirements imposed on us by law or court order, including disclosure to law or tax enforcement agencies and authorities or pursuant to legal proceedings.
- We will share data with regulatory and other official bodies if they make formal requests.
- We will maintain records to meet regulatory and tax requirements.
- We will use your account information to contact you in connection with product recalls or other similar product quality issues and to comply with our legal obligations in connection with the sale of age restricted products.
How long we keep it for
We keep your personal information as long as you are a customer of ours and generally for seven years afterwards to comply with legal requirements. During that time we take steps to remove any personal data as soon as we no longer need it.
We consider you a customer
- for 2 years from the point you last made a purchase from our website, or
- during any time we are managing a customer service request from you.
Third Parties we share data with and receive data from,
We work with a number of trusted third parties to provide you high quality goods and services. Anybody we work with is subject to stringent security and data privacy assessments before we begin to do business with them and on an ongoing basis.
We always make efforts to anonymise data and only pass over personal information that is absolutely necessary for the purposes it is being processed. We always do so securely.
We have contracts in place with all suppliers that help us to ensure security and privacy of your personal information, these are reviewed and updated regularly and always in line with data protection laws.
- Delivery Partners – helping us to deliver the goods you order to you including our brand partners that dispatch and deliver goods to you directly.
- IT Companies – supporting us in maintaining our website and other business systems including; providing phone lines, data storage facilities, and providing and supporting Cloud based infrastructure used in providing our products and services.
- Marketing Companies and Online Advertising - helping us to manage our electronic communications to you and to help us show you the advertising you are most likely to be interested in, Companies that provide marketing and advertising assistance (including management of email marketing operations, mobile messaging services such as SMS, and services that deploy advertising on the internet or social media platforms, such as Facebook and Google) as well as analysis of the effectiveness of our advertising and communications campaigns.
- Payment processors – Paypal.
Third-party apps, websites and services
If you use any third-party apps, websites or services to access our services, your usage is subject to the relevant third party's terms and conditions, cookies policy, and privacy notice. For example, if you interact with us on social media, your use is subject to the terms and conditions and privacy notices of the relevant social media platform (Facebook, Twitter etc.). The same stands if you use third-party services, like Amazon's Alexa, as your use of the service is subject to their applicable terms and conditions. We may be required to share customer information relating to transactions and use of such third party services with that third party.
How you can get in touch
Should you need to contact us please write to:
Simon Lord – Data Officer
Lord Collectables Limited
The Round House
Birchgrove Garden Centre
or via [email protected]